Summit Health and Nuance partner for a clinically-focused, closed-loop, best practice.
Presented during the CHIME14 Fall CIO Forum, this paper describes how Summit Health formed a symbiotic partnership with Nuance to standardize processes and eliminate variation, elevating implementation to best practice.
In this white paper, Summit Health and Nuance will:
- Introduce a clinically-focused approach to CDI that leverages technology to deliver efficiencies, identify gaps in documentation accuracy, and improve both compliance and clinical integrity
- Describe physician adoption and engagement opportunities made possible by integrating technology into the physician workflow
- Illustrate how a holistic approach that combines CDI, innovative speech, computer-assisted coding (CAC) and quality software with physician education across both inpatient and outpatient settings produces significant operational, clinical and financial improvements
- Delineate and discuss five critical steps comprising best practice for clinical documentation to minimize financial and productivity losses
- Examine the importance of a symbiotic hospital/vendor partnership in:
- Offsetting potential losses of $400,000
- Correcting case mix over 15%
- Improving coding productivity 35% and speed 17%
- Implementing real-time ED report turn-around
- Reducing radiology report turnaround time 42%